Meath Track and Field Championships 2017 Information
Day 1 All hammer and weight for distance plus U18 and older discus in Fr Murphy AC Saturday 29th April.
Day 2 Hurdles in Claremont Stadium on Saturday 6th May.
Day 3 all U 12-U18 track and field plus junior, senior and master javelin and shot in Claremont Stadium on Sunday 7th May.
Day 4 Junior, seniors & masters championship in conjunction with Cavan in The Peace Link, Clones, Monaghan on Sunday 14th May.
Day 5 Relays in Claremont Stadium Wednesday 17th May.
Day 6 U9-U11 championship in Claremont Stadium Wednesday 24th May.
- U9’s-U11’s can only compete 2 events on any one day. (There shall be only 2 trials in the U9, 10 & 11 long jumps.)
- U12’s –U15’s can only compete in 3 events on any one day.
- U16’s - U18’s can only compete in 4 events on any one day.
- U17 and U18 athletes compete as U18’s except in the U17 Girl’s hammer.
- U19 and U20 athletes compete as Juniors
- Athletes are confined to events in their own age group, except for the relay where they may move up one age group. Juvenile athletes may not move up an age group in order to compete in Under 9 competition
- There will be no late entries accepted on the day of competition
- Gate Admission €5 adults, juveniles free.
- Venues: Day 1 Fr. Murphy AC, Frayne starting at 10.00am 29th April.
Days 2 Claremont Stadium 6th May at 11.30am, Day 3 Sunday 7th May at 9.00am field & 11.30am track, Day 4 Clones Sports Arena, Monaghan Sunday 14th May at ?am (tbc), Day 5 Relays 17th May at 6.45pm & Day 6 Wednesday 24th May at 7.00pm in Claremont Stadium.
- Health & Safety Rules require that only competing athletes and officials will be allowed inside the arena. All athletes must leave the arena after their event.
Athletes must be technically competent in the event they are attempting. In the interest of
the welfare and safety of the athletes, please do not enter them in events they are not familiar with.